Watch Our Video :

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Looking for a commercial door ? Here is something you should consider

Let us start with basics. What is a door first of all? An un stationary structure used to open and close  an entrance, which typically comprises of swinging panels on hinges, one that slides or rotatable is called a door.  Doors help in ventilation of light and air along with the main purpose of proving protection. Doors are used in offices, houses, garages, lounges and many such places where security is must.

Commercial doors however come in large number of variety depending on the type of business, size, place, and last but not the least style. The different types of commercial doors are Roll-up doors, Fire rated doors, Overhead doors and Scissor gates. Each one of them has its pros and cons but you need to opt for the one needed as per your requirements. These doors can be made from different materials such as glass, dock, aluminium, wood, or metal.

Roll-up doors can be built in many shapes, configurations, colours, sizes and materials. There are different types of roll-up doors as well which include Counter roll-up , Sectional roll-up, Counter roll-up , etc. Companies offer free practical on-site projections and discuss it with you as per  your operation needs.
Fire Rated Doors are one type that require exclusive fire resistant materials and sealing to ensure security when needed. In areas of the building exposed to harmful chemicals, petrol, etc these doors should be used to reduce the extent of risk to minimum.

Overhead doors are the conventional doors of commercial. Overhead doors are most suitable for garage or warehouse shed. Their advantage is that they account for very less space, as it gets rolled upward unlike swinging doors that open, moving either inward or outward.
Scissor Gates are used for extra security and thus employed by many commercials especially banks, jewellers and other such firms. These scissor like gates are constructed from high quality steel and come along with pivot bushings to ensure maximum security against risky applications. They are long lasting too.
While choosing the vendor for commercial doors, keep few things in mind. You can check with your indigenous business bureau asking for the services like door installation. It is always advisable to check the door, its quality, function,etc  before installation as well as after installation. Also inspect for corrosion safety properly. It is better to find one who can offer you after sale services.

Hence these things would help you making a right choice for your office or house doors. Note that these doors can be built in customized sizes and shapes to meet your requirements. So before just directly making a decision, planning of dimensions, quality required,etc is suggested as it saves time. Many companies offer it even free of charge.

21 comments:

cosicatering said...

Rolling Gate Repairs NYC provides best services whether it is about providing best gates or repairing old rolling gates. We offer best services to our customers.

Rolling Gate Repairs NYC

Unknown said...

I think that it's awesome that there are commercial door repair guys who will come and fix whatever problem you are having. When ever you have a problem that you think isn't fixable, before buying a new one try having these guys come and poke around at it.

Joyce James said...

Hey! yes I was looking for Commercial Entrance Doors thanks for giving me a great decision to consider a quality entrance door.

Unknown said...

Great information you have shared with us.

The Blind Spot

Unknown said...

This information helps a lot. I've been trying to find a place that does commercial doors in Chicago. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Unknown said...

I've been looking at different places that do commercial doors in Mansfield, OH and I remembered my friend accidentally running through the front door of my business. Not his greatest moment.

Unknown said...

I haven't really considered getting overhead doors before. My husband and I are renovating our home this spring, and I'm thinking getting overhead doors could be really beneficial! Do most companies that install doors also install overhead doors? www.cdsdoor.com

Anonymous said...

I think that commercial doors add a lot to the look of a home or a work office. I know in my brother's house, he has some doors that are the top of the line. I think that I want to invest in a few doors to place throughout my house.
http://www.callahandoors.com/products-services/commercial-doors.php

Unknown said...

At my business office, we would like to change the doors from solid wood doors, to having windows in the middle of the door. How hard is that to carve out the middle of the door? What sort of a saw would I use?

jackhawkins1984| http://www.callahandoors.com/products-services/commercial-doors.php

Unknown said...

These tips were very helpful in my problem with repairing my commercial door. I think I am coming to the point where replacing it is going to be the best option. I need to make sure my business is secure, so I think I am settling on replacing.
http://www.omgdoor.com/commercial_doors

Unknown said...

We have been considering getting an overhead door for my company in our new office. It would be so much easier to carry in the shipments, and so much more convenient if we need to bring in a vehicle for some reason. Would it be best to get an automatic door, or one that you just push up by hand? http://www.omgdoor.com/commercial_doors

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of roll-up doors before. I am just looking for steel doors for the back of our company. We have been having suspicious activity behind our building and I just would like to take the precautions and get a heavy door with a big lock. I would imagine that they are similar to fire rated doors. Anything that could protect anything from breaking in easily would be great.
Zach Thalman | http://www.usafiredoor.com/steel-doors

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information. I manage a bank that needs a few new doors before opening day. I've been considering what kind of doors I should have installed. It seems like scissor gates may be the best option. Thanks for the post!
Bill Li | http://www.usafiredoor.com/wood-doors

Unknown said...

In another company I worked for, we had the roll-up doors. I like the sound of have overhead doors. I wish the old company I worked for had those. That would have been a lot nicer and easier for myself, as well as the other employees.
http://www.sjdoorinc.com

Unknown said...

I have goen through your site, this is a good one.for more information please follow our blog:-There Commercial Rolling Door Repair it all needs the benefit or assistance above as well as beyond services of a professional who are all great to understand above as well as beyond to manage the work San Bernardino Door Installation above as well as beyond them they all perfectly Riverside Door service over above as well as beyond done by virtue San Bernardino Door Repair of which put done.

Unknown said...

This was the perfect article for me to find! My business is moving to a new building, and it's going to need new doors. Honestly, I had no idea that there are so many different kinds of commercial doors! Looks like I have lots more research to do.

http://www.steeldoorsinc.com/philadelphia-pa-commercial-doors-and-frames.htm

Unknown said...

The Commercial Garage Door Opener Installation is an imperative part to your garage door, it allows you to open and close your garage with the click of a button. If yours is having a problem and needs servicing, our experienced technicians are capable of servicing any brand of garage door opener on the market.

Unknown said...

Doors are an investment in your company and in the safety and security of your property and employees. As such you should take time and consider all your options carefully. With a good supplier who has a great reputation you will be able to source excellent doors that meet all your needs for the right budget.

automatic home doors

buildoors said...

Thanks for sharing all the tips about choosing the fire doors it has helped us to improve our business.


Fire Rated Doors Service Provider in Bangalore>Fire safety doors manufacturer in bangalore

Home Windows said...

I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post.
Front Door Replacement
Windows And Doors Las Vegas
Glass Door

windows phoenix said...

Really your blog have very interesting and very valuable information. thanks for sharing.
Patio Window Replacement
Windows And Doors Phoenix
Replacement Sliding Glass Doors
French Entry Doors

Post a Comment

Commercial Door Company - News

Related Posts with Thumbnails